[bitfolk] Debian 11 (bullseye) now supported for self-instal…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: announce
Subject: [bitfolk] Debian 11 (bullseye) now supported for self-install and new orders

gpg: Signature made Mon Aug 16 14:14:02 2021 UTC
gpg: using DSA key 0E4236CB52951E14536066222099B64CBF15490B
Hi,

The new stable release of Debian, bullseye, was released over the
weekend:

    https://bits.debian.org/2021/08/bullseye-released.html

This is now supported for self-install:

    https://tools.bitfolk.com/wiki/Using_the_self-serve_net_installer#Debian

by doing "install debian_bullseye", and also of course as a new
order.

If upgrading in-place from buster to bullseye please make sure to
read the release notes as there are a few things to be aware of:

    https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

There aren't any known BitFolk-specific issues with bullseye, though
we do suggest that if you're running buster or beyond that you do so
in PVH mode:

    https://tools.bitfolk.com/wiki/PVH

I *think* it is still possible to install the new testing release
(bookworm) by doing "install debian_testing" but we have to check
that and fix it if necessary, which will happen later this week.

If you're desperate to do a clean install of Debian testing and you
find that "install debian_testing" doesn't work then I recommend
installing bullseye and doing an in-place upgrade from there (will
be almost identical right now).