Re: [bitfolk] Debian 11 (bullseye) now supported for self-in…

Author: Conrad Wood
To: Andy Smith, users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Debian 11 (bullseye) now supported for self-install and new orders
On Tue, 2021-08-17 at 12:00 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 02:14:05PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > The new stable release of Debian, bullseye, was released over the
> > weekend:
> >
> >     https://bits.debian.org/2021/08/bullseye-released.html
> >
> > This is now supported for self-install:

FWIW,

I upgraded 5 machines yesterday. It wasn't as straight forward as
debian upgrades usually ARE IMHO.

Issues I ran into

1) exim4 configuration broke. paths such as
/srv/mail/{$domain}/${local_part} no longer work (and probably should
never have ;) ).

2) 2 out of 5 machines failed to reboot until I used the console to
disable selinux (kernel parameter selinux=0). I am not certain how to
re-enable it and make it reboot ;(

3) cgroups v1 no longer supported (I had some old code that broke due
to that) essentially /sys/fs/cgroup/.. no longer supported

During the upgade ssh connections don't work (connection refused) for
some time (>1 hour in my case), which is a bit scary. I used telnet-
over-vpn for some machines.

Hope that helps others to avoid the trouble I ran into.

Conrad