Re: [bitfolk] Debian 11 (bullseye) now supported for self-in…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Debian 11 (bullseye) now supported for self-install and new orders

gpg: Signature made Tue Aug 17 12:00:17 2021 UTC
gpg: using DSA key 0E4236CB52951E14536066222099B64CBF15490B
Hello,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 02:14:05PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> The new stable release of Debian, bullseye, was released over the
> weekend:
>
>     https://bits.debian.org/2021/08/bullseye-released.html

> This is now supported for self-install:
>
>     https://tools.bitfolk.com/wiki/Using_the_self-serve_net_installer#Debian

> by doing "install debian_bullseye", and also of course as a new
> order.

A couple of people have hit this issue: You need to be using at
least version v1.48bitfolk64 of the Xen Shell to see the
"debian_bullseye" option.

As the Xen Shell remains running when you disconnect, if you
reconnect then you may be seeing an older version of it. You can
check the version by typing "help".

You can force a new version to run by exiting properly from every
window you have open to it and then connecting again.

The version immediately previous to this one did not have
"debian_bullseye" as an option, but it did have "debian_testing",
which at that time was the same as bullseye, so if you don't want to
log out then I think that doing "install debian_testing" from there
should still het you an install of Debian 11 bullseye. But I haven't
tested this myself.