Re: [bitfolk] Reboots will be necessary to address security …

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: announce
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Reboots will be necessary to address security issues, probably early hours 24+25 August 2021

gpg: Signature made Tue Aug 24 01:12:22 2021 UTC
gpg: using DSA key 0E4236CB52951E14536066222099B64CBF15490B
Hello,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 03:26:23PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> As a result we will need to apply these fixes and reboot everything
> before that time. We are likely to do this in the early hours of the
> morning UK time, on Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 August.

On the reboot/upgrade of the second production server, "hobgoblin",
at least two VMs failed to suspend/restore correctly and suffered
filesystem damage during that.

As a precaution we've not going to do suspend/restore for the rest
of these upgrades, so you will experience a shutdown/boot. Apologies
for the disruption but it's not worth risking filesystem corruption.