Re: [bitfolk] Dynamic Updates to BitFolk Secondary

Top Page
Author: Iain Lane
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Dynamic Updates to BitFolk Secondary

gpg: Signature made Mon Apr 12 11:59:30 2021 UTC
gpg: using RSA key 3D0EFB95E7B5237F16E82258E352D5C51C5041D4
On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 10:25:25PM +0100, Jon Agland wrote:
> 1. In the zone on your server is the serial number greater than the
> copy on the Bitfolk DNS Servers (dig soa domain.com
> @a.authns.bitfolk.co.uk) - repeat for each, including your own?

This is what I thought of too. To phrase it a bit differently, when I
first started doing similar to you (not dynamic DNS, but a 'hidden
master' with my VPS/A&A as secondaries which actually get used by
machines on the internets), I initially was forgetting to update the
serial sometimes. Then the NOTIFY gets sent, but the transfer doesn't
happen properly because the other side thinks there's nothing for it to
fetch.

Maybe that's what is happening here too.

Iain Lane                                  [ iain@??? ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@??? ]
Ubuntu Developer                                   [ laney@??? ]