Re: [bitfolk] Many customers will experience an emergency re…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: announce
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Many customers will experience an emergency reboot in the next 2 weeks

gpg: Signature made Sun Oct 25 16:12:50 2015 UTC
Hello,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 04:17:34PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Emails with the schedule for this work just went out.

Reminder that the first reboot for this will be taking place in
about 9 hours. The full list, all times in GMT:

snaps:      2015-10-26 0100
sol:        2015-10-27 0100
president:  2015-10-27 0300
dunkel:     2015-10-29 0100
bellini:    2015-10-29 0300

There's only a few customers left on dunkel now—the rest got moved
to newer, pre-patched hardware—so that one might not need to happen.

Later today I'm going to send out tickets to customers on bellini
asking about when upgrades can be performed. If you are able to
reply to those quickly then there is some chance we will get around
to doing your upgrade before it's time for the reboot.

I'm afraid there is no chance of being able to do upgrades in time
for customers on sol and president, so those will be scheduled later
with the other servers I have not mentioned.