Re: [bitfolk] Volunteers sought to help test out Stripe cont…

Author: Chris
To: Andy Smith
CC: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Volunteers sought to help test out Stripe continuous credit card authority
Hi,

Happy to volunteer testing Stripe

Additionally some learnings from implementing Stripe subscriptions & ad-hock charging using Stripe "connect" which has been running for a while now:

- yes the postcode can be anything, but may result in "do_not_honor" payment failures in live mode

- generally getting used to the payment_intent.sucess webhook event , for example the data.invoice property is not always present (it is for subscriptions but not ad-hoc charges) tripped me up recently

- getting familiar with the automated payment retry behaviour, which is very useful but can be confusing for a customer since the retries "use machine learning to choose best retry day". At attempt to add visibility of payment retry is here:
https://github.com/Subscribie/subscribie/issues/683#issuecomment-1003793965

- Stripes webhook retry exponential back-off (up to 3 days) very useful should should your webhook endpoint go down briefly

https://github.com/Subscribie/subscribie/blob/b12ef9b3f5341068c242823675eb7fa8b97a4569/subscribie/blueprints/checkout/__init__.py#L479

Have found the Stripe engineers are very helpful on IRC.

Hope the above is useful

Kind regards

Chris