Re: [bitfolk] Mail server on Bitfolk

Author: Ashley Norris
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Mail server on Bitfolk
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was hoping to ask the list about
email sending services.

I'm looking to migrate my email from a paid host to my BitFolk VPS. I
know (and note the links in the thread below) how to get the nuts and
bolts going on the server, however everything I have read suggests that
server config is only half the battle.

The real issue comes with getting your outgoing mail recognised by the
"big guys" so that your users can send email successfully.

Previously, my old host (netvirtue.com.au, recently been bought out,
hence my desire to migrate) would send mail via www.mailchannels.com.
I've looked at their pricing and it's obviously scaled for enterprise
customers or ISPs/resellers dealing with heavy volume.

So, my question for this list is whether anyone can suggest an email
service provider that has pricing suitable for a smaller customer
sending/receiving only 1k-5k emails per month?

Or, are the guides against setting up your own email infrastructure
exaggerating the issues?

Any comments welcome, thanks,

Ash