[bitfolk] We are again starting up our efforts to move custo…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: announce
Subject: [bitfolk] We are again starting up our efforts to move customers from servers that need updates

gpg: Signature made Thu Oct 14 11:23:30 2021 UTC
gpg: using DSA key 0E4236CB52951E14536066222099B64CBF15490B
Hi,

You may recall that all through the first half of 2021 we've been
moving customer services off of certain servers in order to upgrade
the servers and put them back in service. That effort ground to
a halt in June because of other more pressing concerns. We're now
starting that up again to finish the job.

We sent notification emails to everyone who would be affected, but
this was back in June so you may have forgotten. These went to
customers on servers "hen" and "paradox", which are the last two
servers that need upgrade.

That notification email asked you to let us know if you need more
than 5 minutes of notice for the work to be done. If you did reply
to that, don't worry, we still have records of that and will give
you the amount of notice you asked for.

If you didn't reply then we are still assuming that 5 minutes of
notice at any time of day is fine and that's how we'll be proceeding
over the next couple of weeks. If that situation has changed then
you should look for the original notification email and reply to it
with your needs.

The last batch of notification emails were sent out to customers on
"hen" and "paradox" on Saturday 5 June 2021 with subject line:

    We need to move your BitFolk VPS '$accountname' to other hardware

If you can't find it but still need to let us know, just email
support@??? to open a support ticket. Again, this only
affects customers on servers "hen" and "paradox". Here's how to work
out which server your service is on:

    https://bitfolk.com/customer_information.html#toc_3_Which_piece_of_actual_hardware_is_my_VPS_hosted_on_