Re: [bitfolk] What do you expect to happen when you authoris…

Author: John Winters
To: users
New-Topics: [bitfolk] DD vs continuous credit card authority (Was: Re: What do you expect to happen when you authorise a Direct Debit mandate?)
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] What do you expect to happen when you authorise a Direct Debit mandate?
On 08/09/2020 09:11, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 05:50:38AM +0000, Paul Lewis wrote:
>> Can you not just keep credit card details on file and charge
>> automatically?
>
> Yes. That is a separate feature request (credit card payment already
> exists - continuous credit card authority for automated billing by
> credit card doesn't, but could). This question is for/about people
> who want to pay by Direct Debit. We also like Direct Debit more than
> credit cards, generally, so it's not going away.

And as a customer, I much prefer DD too. Continuous credit card
authorities are potentially quite dangerous and don't have anything like
the safeguards of DD. The last time I checked, the CC companies simply
had no way of cancelling them. The way they are implemented, it would
be quite hard for them to do.

John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.