Re: [bitfolk] NixOS on Bitfolk

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] NixOS on Bitfolk

gpg: Signature made Tue Apr 28 21:16:26 2020 UTC
Hello,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 08:03:58PM +0000, Alyssa Ross wrote:
> I'm happy to help if you get stuck -- although I'm not exactly the most
> prompt email replier. Make sure I'm at least CCed so it shows up in my
> inbox. :) The IRC community is also very helpful, and
> will probably give you faster answers (albeit not Bitfolk-specific
> ones).

Yes, I don't think there will really be anything BitFolk-specific.

Most usual kernel configurations do boot as a Xen PV guest these
days unless someone goes out of their way to make it not. If you
have issues there then maybe you'd need to ask Alyssa for the kernel
config they use.

For bootloader considerations just use grub2 and make sure /boot is
on a filesystem type that BitFolk's grub can understand, which right
now means ext* or XFS (maybe even fat32, but why).

Would be lovely to have an article here…

    https://tools.bitfolk.com/wiki/Installing_NixOS

"I am the permanent milk monitor of all hobbies!" — Simon Quinlank