Re: [bitfolk] Do not try to upgrade a BitFolk VM to Ubuntu 2…

Top Page
Author: Mike Zanker
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Do not try to upgrade a BitFolk VM to Ubuntu 20.04 yet

gpg: Signature made Thu Apr 23 18:13:43 2020 UTC
gpg: using RSA key AA62533B3CA64488DF7692A7E2E589EDD062903B
On 23/04/2020 18:15, Andy Smith wrote:

> Ubuntu 20.04 is scheduled to be released at some point today. As
> things stand its kernel won't boot at BitFolk.

Thanks for this - I was just about to ask if there were any issues as
I'm thinking of moving from Stretch to Ubuntu 20.04.

> I will let you know when there is a host available that will boot
> these LZ4-compressed kernels, so if you are desperate to upgrade to
> 20.04 you can be moved there.

I'm personally not in any hurry as there are two more years of updates
for Stretch, but would appreciate knowing when it can be done via a
clean installation.

Cheers,
Mike