Re: [bitfolk] Do not try to upgrade a BitFolk VM to Ubuntu 2…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Do not try to upgrade a BitFolk VM to Ubuntu 20.04 yet

gpg: Signature made Fri Apr 24 07:18:28 2020 UTC
Hello,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 07:13:43PM +0100, Mike Zanker via users wrote:
> On 23/04/2020 18:15, Andy Smith wrote:
> > Ubuntu 20.04 is scheduled to be released at some point today. As
> > things stand its kernel won't boot at BitFolk.
>
> Thanks for this - I was just about to ask if there were any issues as
> I'm thinking of moving from Stretch to Ubuntu 20.04.

Just checking: do you mean Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) to 20.04
(Focal Fossa)? If so then yes that's what I'm talking about; the
kernel in 20.04 doesn't currrently boot at BitFolk because I think
there is a (since fixed) bug in the LZ4 decompression code.

If you mean Debian 9 (stretch) to Debian 10 (buster) then there are
no issues that I am aware of, and I have done that procedure myself
many times.

You mention a clean install later on so maybe you just meant you're
wanting to switch from Debian to Ubuntu.