Re: [bitfolk] Docker, email, configuration and some rambling

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Docker, email, configuration and some rambling

gpg: Signature made Sun Feb 2 13:13:49 2020 UTC
Hi Nigel,

On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 01:05:41PM +0000, Nigel Rantor wrote:
> Wondering if anyone has experience running docker on a VPS within BitFolk.
> I'm not sure if there are any virtulisation limitations that would stop this
> either.

I don't know anything about Docker myself but I know that multiple
BitFolk customers are using it. There's no issue using Docker (or
any other kind of container that works using the Linux kernel's own
containerisation features) on a Xen VM or any other kind of VM as
far as I am aware.

> I am going to be upgrading my machine to a more recent LTS version soonish
> since my current distribution is going EOL this year.

If we are talking Ubuntu here, do not try 20.04 yet. Obviously it's
not released yet but I've heard there is an issue with LZ4
compression and Xen.

And if not currently 64-bit, do switch to 64-bit.

18.04, no issues on 64-bit as far as I know.