Re: [bitfolk] predicted network usage / "Predicted to exceed…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] predicted network usage / "Predicted to exceed transfer quota"

gpg: Signature made Thu Feb 24 13:38:57 2022 UTC
gpg: using DSA key 0E4236CB52951E14536066222099B64CBF15490B
Hi Conrad,

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 08:58:49AM +0000, Conrad Wood wrote:
> One of the ways I could see this working - without having to create a
> new API - is to expose it as a metric in bitfolks grafana/prometheus.

Okay. I will have a think about this. If it can go in to Icinga then
it can go in to Prometheus.

> if there were metrics (gauges) "traffic_predicted" and
> "traffic_contracted", it would be trivial for me to query bitfolks'
> prometheus to poll that regularly.

Can do say:

data_transferred_in
data_transferred_out
data_predicted_in
data_predicted_out
data_contracted_in
data_contracted_out

I guess they should be in bytes as Prometheus usually wants the base
unit.

What about the start and end times of the current period? Provided
as unix timestamps?

> Thanks Andy for your patience (again),

No worries. Thanks for bringing it up on the list as it's useful to
see what other people think too.