Re: [bitfolk] Where do current CentOS users want to go after…

Author: hugh
To: users
New-Topics: [bitfolk] MariaDB 10.x on CentOS 7 (Was: Where do current CentOS users want to go after CentOS 8 EOL?)
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Where do current CentOS users want to go after CentOS 8 EOL?
> Hello,
>
> As you may or may not be aware, CentOS 8's EOL is 31 December 2021,
> i.e. just over 2 months from now. After that date, Red Hat expects
> CentOS 8 users to switch to CentOS 8 Stream or to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux product.

I think I would want to go to Rocky Linux but no nothing about it at present.

However I have a Centos 7 build which is only using MariaDB 5 - I need to run MariaDB 10 right now.
So rather than trying to upgrade MariaDB I may be best to go to Rocky with that also?
Hugh