Re: [bitfolk] Broken Courier SSL after upgrade from stretch …

Author: John Winters
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Broken Courier SSL after upgrade from stretch and crossgrade to AMD64
On 20/08/2021 16:03, Dave Mills wrote:

> I've upgraded to Buster from Stretch (yep, I know I'm lagging). Courier
> seems to have decided to be my SMTP server instead of Exim and I can't
> get any connections to either IMAP, IMAP-SSL or SMTP from the rest of
> the world. Asfar as I can see courier is running and should be trying to
> do IMAP type things.

It's probably not the same thing, but I had a similar problem with the
same upgrade and Dovecot (which I use for IMAP). It turned out that its
method of getting DH params had changed. By careful examination of the
before and after config files I found what extra config I needed.

Possibly something similar has happened with Courier, although I'd be
really surprised if it had usurped Exim.

John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.