[bitfolk] Broken Courier SSL after upgrade from stretch and …

Author: Dave Mills
To: Bitfolk Users
Subject: [bitfolk] Broken Courier SSL after upgrade from stretch and crossgrade to AMD64
Hello All,

Throwing this problem out into the wild to see if anyone has any ideas -
already had some help from Andy re-crossgrading so trying not to bother him
with all my woes.

I've upgraded to Buster from Stretch (yep, I know I'm lagging). Courier
seems to have decided to be my SMTP server instead of Exim and I can't get
any connections to either IMAP, IMAP-SSL or SMTP from the rest of the
world. Asfar as I can see courier is running and should be trying to do
IMAP type things.

Courier doesn't seem to log to its own logfiles, so what it is doing is
being logged to syslog along with a mess of other stuff.

Neither thunderbird or apple mail give me anything useful on the attempt to
connect. Just that the connection failed.

Does anyone have any good ideas?

(Note to self - go back in time about 4 years and document your mail-server)

cheers,
David

If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and
beauty. ~Japanese Proverb
Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about
hundreds of things. ~Saki