[bitfolk] Issues receiving e-mails from BT Internet customer…

Author: John Winters
To: users
Subject: [bitfolk] Issues receiving e-mails from BT Internet customers
Hi all,

I run an e-mail server on one of my BitFolk VPSs. It seems fine except
for one oddity which has arisen lately.

Some e-mails from BT Internet customers take of the order of 3 weeks to
arrive. Looking at the headers, they move around between a couple of BT
server to begin with, then sit on the final one for up to 3 weeks before
they are delivered to my server.

I can see no failed earlier attempts to deliver in my logs, and my
server receives e-mails fine from everyone else - just BT seems to be
the problem, and not even all the e-mails coming from BT.

Anyone else seen anything like this or can suggest a likely explanation?

In case it's of relevance, BT's delivery still seems to be IPv4 only.
My server advertises both IPv6 and IPv4 addresses.

Cheers,
John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.