Re: [bitfolk] Networking issue

Author: Steve Harriss
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Networking issue
On 04/06/2020 08:36, Alun wrote:

> I recently (23rd May) had a similar problem at home. Something (I
> suspect an update to wireguard) caused "openresolv" to install, and
> that blew away my hand-crafted resolv.conf file, replacing it with
> a trivial file like the one you've quoted. "apt-get purge openresolv"
> followed by restoring my lovingly-created resolv.conf fixed things.

Thanks for the input. I have checked and openresolv isn't the issue here
but it appears that dhcpd is controlling my resolv.conf file.

I have sorted that and now have DNS working as I expect but on reboot
the server still won't pick up the gateway and therefore is without
internet until I add it back into route.

Here is my /etc/network/interfaces file:

https://gist.github.com/steveharriss/8e2b4c4cc7c306fab4013418587cadc7

The gateway is correctly set to the Bitfolk IP.

Thanks for the input

Steve