Re: [bitfolk] Mailman Was Networking issue

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Mailman Was Networking issue

gpg: Signature made Thu Jun 4 07:36:40 2020 UTC
Hello,

On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 11:00:51PM +0100, Iain Harrison via users wrote:
> I see that's (good?) old Mailman 2. I have tried (several times) to get
> Mailman3 to install on Debian, without success. Looks like you're in the
> same boat.

It's really more that I haven't yet tried, having had a working
mailman 2 installation for so long. mailman3 comes packaged with
Debian 10 (buster). I think that mailman2 will be dropped as of
Debian 11 (bullseye). I don't relish the procedure to upgrade an
existing 2 installation to 3 though admittedly I haven't looked into
it.

I might just switch over to Discourse instead.

> I'm going to have to reinstall Mailman2 - which I don't recall being a very
> pleasant struggle either.

I don't think it's a good idea - it's a dead end.

> Is there any alternative to Mailman, or any way to install it easily?

Discourse? 😀 Noted as not easy to install itself.

If possible upgrade to Debian buster and give the packages mailman3
a go.