Re: [bitfolk] Mail server on Bitfolk

Author: ed-bitfolk@s5h.net
To: Hugh Frostick
CC: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Mail server on Bitfolk
On 2020-05-21 09:16+0100, Hugh Frostick wrote:
> I am a (delighted!) relatively new BF user

Hello, I've been a rather delighted BF customer for ten years or more
now. A jolly good service.

> with no email as I keep email off my webserver

I've run mail and web on the machine for a very long time. I think in
CentOS you'd be in a more secure place than my deb setup as you have
SELinux targeting out of the box.

I can't say what CPanel would do with that though. I think the panel
software is often an attack vector as they have elevated rights to
execute user/package management processes.

> Is another VPS on Centos with Virtualmin a good route to manage my and
> my clients’ email?

You could, I suppose your other VPS would be a network range limited
relay for your web server?

> Or is there a better solution for a mail server?

There's a question :)

Ed