Re: [bitfolk] Network not coming up

Author: Andreas Olsson
To: users
New-Topics: [bitfolk] Ubuntu 18.04+ and netplan (Was: Re: Network not coming up)
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Network not coming up
tis 2018-11-13 klockan 14:27 +0000 skrev Andy Smith:
> All I can say is that we've provisioned plenty of new Ubuntu 18.04
> VPSes using /etc/network/interfaces and ifupdown and haven't heard
> of any problems.

For my Bitfolk Ubuntu 18.04 netinstall /etc/network/interfaces either
wasn't read at all, or only partially read. Without being able to go
back and double check I think that the file wasn't read at all, and
that the VPS got basic IPv4 by way of DHCP.

No matter what I had to create a custom netplan config to get IPv6
working, as well as getting multiple IPv4 addresses setup. At least
that is the way I remember it.

// Andreas