Re: [bitfolk] Problems upgrading to Ubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.…

Author: Anthony Newman
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Problems upgrading to Ubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.04)
On 2018-04-15 5:18 PM, Andy Smith wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 04:34:17AM -0400, Andy Ransom wrote:
>> So it looks like the problem was with the BitFolk's apt-cacher.
> This has been a constant problem with apt-cacher-ng and
> do-release-upgrade to every Ubuntu release for as long as I can
> remember, but I don't know exactly where the fault lies.

For what it's worth, I've seen this happen not infrequently using
apt-mirror to take entire local copies of repositories as well.

Whether it's due to a bug in the metadata generation or some other
unsynchronized change between packages and the release files, I think
it's actually a repo problem. Simply waiting a while or using another
upstream repo has fixed it for me in an emergency, but that's unlikely
to be practical for you I guess.

Ant