[bitfolk] Ubuntu 18,04 (Bionic Beaver) installer available

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: announce
Subject: [bitfolk] Ubuntu 18,04 (Bionic Beaver) installer available

gpg: Signature made Fri Mar 23 12:07:44 2018 UTC
Hi,

I've added an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS installer to our Xen Shell, so it's
now available for self-install. More info about self-install:

    <https://tools.bitfolk.com/wiki/Using_the_self-serve_net_installer>

So, the command is "install ubuntu_bionic". If you don't see it,
make sure you are running version v1.48bitfolk46 of the Xen Shell as
the Xen Shell stays running if you connected to it before.

Please note:

- Obviously this is still pre-release for 18.04. I have only tested
it so far as installing it, booting it and connecting to it with
SSH. I would be interested to know of your progress if you use it.

- If you already are running Ubuntu you could just
do-release-upgrade into this as normal.

- As ever, if you'd like to perform a self-install but need to keep
your existing VPS running for a while, we can offer a new account
free for 2 weeks for you to perform your migration:

    <https://tools.bitfolk.com/wiki/Migrating_to_a_new_VPS>