Re: [bitfolk] Keep an eye on your CentOS Stream 8 grub.cfg f…

Author: Jamie Stallwood
To: Andy Smith, users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Keep an eye on your CentOS Stream 8 grub.cfg for "blscfg" being introduced
Hi all,

I can replicate this having just done a yum/dnf update.

The file /etc/default/grub has just been dropped in by a new version of
grub2-tools (according you yum whatprovides) with the line:
GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=true

However the grub2.cfg file was not updated so it seems that mkconfig
didn't happen automatically.

Using the command below I have reset the flag:
if [ -f /etc/default/grub ] ; then grep GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG
/etc/default/grub && sed -i.bak -e
's/GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=true/GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=false/' /etc/default/grub;
fi

Change log listed at
https://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/centos/8-stream/baseos/x86_64/Packages/grub2-tools-2.02-123.el8.x86_64.html
tells me:
* Fri Feb 18 2022 Robbie Harwood <rharwood@???> - 2.02-115
- Re-arm GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=false
- Resolves: #1899903
In theory, yum update grub2-tools followed by a reset should cure this
for all time on CentOS 8, I hope.

Thanks
Jamie