Re: [bitfolk] c.authns.bitfolk.com borken?

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] c.authns.bitfolk.com borken?

gpg: Signature made Fri May 6 23:09:10 2022 UTC
gpg: using DSA key 0E4236CB52951E14536066222099B64CBF15490B
Hi Andy,

On Fri, May 06, 2022 at 08:39:19PM +0100, Andy Bennett wrote:
> Is it possible (and if so, advisable) to use hostnames in the ACLs?

I don't think that would work, no. I think it expects an
address_match_list which is only IP addresses, basically:

    https://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/address_match_list.html

> Otherwise, what's the best way to keep this information up-to-date?

Well, as 'a' is the only one that has been doing AXFRs and therefore
likely to be in ACLs, we have made an effort not to renumber it. I
don't think it has been renumbered since 2012 when we moved
everything to our own UP space. So I don't know what you would have
had for it - something starting with 212.13?

It would just be a case of us announcing the renumbering on the
announce@ mailing list, with as much notice as we could, I suppose.

Maybe we should add some serial number monitoring, so if your zone
serial number changes but ours doesn't (because AXFR failed) then
that difference would be an alert.