Re: [bitfolk] predicted network usage / "Predicted to exceed…

Author: Roger Light
To: Andy Smith
CC: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] predicted network usage / "Predicted to exceed transfer quota"
Hi Andy,

On Thu, 24 Feb 2022 at 00:17, Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:

> It reads like you actually don't agree with me. What I was trying to
> say was that I expect customers to actually be able to measure
> their own bandwidth usage, and BitFolk telling them that they are
> near or over quota is just a courtesy.
>
> What you are saying is that you don't expect to have to measure
> this yourself, you would never be aware of it or investigate it
> without a notification from BitFolk and therefore these
> notifications are essential to you. You did get the notification and
> were able to take action, but only because email notifications
> are satisfactory for you.

I think you're in an interesting dilemma where the act of you sending
courtesy bandwidth usage emails leads to less bandwidth monitoring on
the user side. If a user is consistently getting messages that they
are using say 10% of the available bandwidth and with no real
expectation that there is going to be a sudden increase, then I can
entirely understand not doing any monitoring.

Regards,

Roger