Re: [bitfolk] Docker swarm / VPS networking issues

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Docker swarm / VPS networking issues

gpg: Signature made Tue Nov 17 18:06:40 2020 UTC
Hello,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 05:48:53PM +0000, Chris Smith via users wrote:
> I’m trying and failing to get overlay network traffic working
> between Docker containers on different VPS hosts. The issue seems
> to be that neither host is sending VXLAN data on port 4789.

[…]

> Does anyone know if there are issues using swarm/overlay
> networking between Xen VPS hosts?

I can't see any reason why there would be a problem, but I don't
know anything about vxlan.

Are you saying that when you tcpdump on one host looking for port
4789 traffic (TCP? UDP?), you do not see anything when you think you
should?

You should be able to send any unicast traffic you like, though you
cannot do broadcast / multicast since each VM is in its own
broadcast domain with just itself and the host its on.