Re: [bitfolk] Issues receiving e-mails from BT Internet cust…

Author: Martijn Grooten
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Issues receiving e-mails from BT Internet customers
On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 at 10:57, John Winters wrote:
> Here's one. I've anonymized it a bit by changing the sender and
> recipient to "sender" and "recipient" but otherwise it's untouched.

I can't find anything obvious there, but when checking the SSL of the
listed mail server for your domain (the one the MX record points to),
I noticed a certificate name mismatch:

https://ssl-tools.net/mailservers/mx.sinodun.org.uk

While I do not think this would explain the issue (I believe lots of
mail servers have misconfigured SSL), it might be worth fixing this
just in case.

Martijn