Re: [bitfolk] Feedback sought regarding the scheduled mainte…

Author: Ed Neville
To: Andy Smith
CC: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Feedback sought regarding the scheduled maintenance notification (Was: Re: Reboots will be necessary to address security issues, probably early hours 17/18/19 October)
On 2020-10-07 17:28+0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 05:56:27PM +0100, Tony Andersson wrote:
> > For me it would be useful to have the reboot time window info at the
> > very beginning of the mail.

> Okay, you're not the only person to have given this feedback, so in
> future I will try to put that information nearer the top.

At the risk of sounding like a busy person, I don't always get time to
read my mail. I did like the TL;DR that were at the top.

However, when I do get time (75%) I do get to read and I thoroughly
enjoy the well ordered detail when there have been problems. A
writing/cognitive quality that I often lack.

> > And as a bonus not assume that we all use mono spaced fonts when
> > doing ASCII art tables. ;-)
>
> Perhaps it is time to consider HTML emails… (with a proper plain
> text part, obviously)

Passionate mutt user here, please keep plain text first-class! The HTML
could just be the text/plain within a <pre> :)

Ed