Re: [bitfolk] usage API

Author: Ed
To: Andy Smith
CC: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] usage API
On 2020-02-14 23:31+0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Conrad,
>
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 09:59:31AM +0000, Conrad Wood wrote:
> > is there an API endpoint I can query for current & predicted traffic
> > usage?
>
> I'm sorry but no there isn't.
> [..]
> This is a big project for someone who has never done it before,
> unfortunately.

Yes it's a big project. Is it something that could be open sourced
though, or some open source that could be pulled in? I think you'd be
able to reuse most of it though as it will end up as a library of
reusable functions.

Could the current user portal allow users to generate tokens that could
be used for authentication to report endpoints? Would that make life
easier or harder?

It's not something that I've felt the need for so far, but maybe high
traffic customers need it.

Ed

--
Best regards,