[bitfolk] Rescue VM maintenance from 16:00Z today

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: announce
Subject: [bitfolk] Rescue VM maintenance from 16:00Z today

gpg: Signature made Tue Dec 31 13:52:54 2019 UTC
Hi,

At some point between 16:00Z and 17:00Z today I'm going to upgrade
the rescue VM¹ image from Debian 9 (stretch, oldstable) to Debian 10
(buster, stable).

This will only take a few seconds, but as the rescue VM is an
NFS-mounted squashfs image, replacing the image will prevent all
currently running copies of the rescue VM from functioning.

If you are using the rescue VM at the time, you will start to see
I/O errors on its on root filesystem and will have to kill it and
start it again. At its next boot a new image based on Debian 10 will
load.

If you are or expect to be in the middle of something important with
the rescue VM between 16:00 and 17:00 then let us know and we'll
postpone the work.

¹ https://tools.bitfolk.com/wiki/Rescue