[bitfolk] Blocking IP Addresses

Author: Conrad Wood
To: Andy Smith, users
Subject: [bitfolk] Blocking IP Addresses
Hi,

I read some reports on this list where people get random IPs
scanning/probing ports. I have that same issue of course.
I use a combination of fail2ban and some hooks in my software to build
up a blacklist of IPs over time.
My question is if it's feasible to have a bitfolk-hosted blacklist of
IPs. If we were all to report our probes and scans into a (to-be-build)
bitfolk system, we'd probably protect each other more quickly and
effectively.

Of course I am not certain if that's an option, (e.g. not sure if the
inbound routers are powerful enough) but maybe Andy could comment?

Conrad