[bitfolk] Wanted: volunteers to play with new graphing setup

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: [bitfolk] Wanted: volunteers to play with new graphing setup

gpg: Signature made Mon Oct 7 11:59:33 2019 UTC
Hi,

I've been working towards replacing our aging and creaky Cacti¹
installation with something more modern, based on Prometheus and
Grafana.

I think it's nearing the stage of being able to take over from Cacti
now, so I would like some volunteers to have a go at using it, give
feedback etc.

If you would be willing to do so, please drop me an email off-list
and I'll enable you to log in to it (with your usual BitFolk
credentials). Cacti will continue running in the meantime so there
is nothing to lose, only some time spent using it.

The goal here is not to offer a full hosted Grafana/Prometheus
setup, as that would be rather complicated and there are companies
that already do that as their entire paid service offering. I'm just
trying to replace the functionality of our Cacti, which for
customers basically amounts only to bandwidth and CPU graphs.

We can do a little better than this — in particular, block device
graphs have been pretty easy to add — but that's the sort of scope I
am looking at for right now.

Once we're happy with it, Cacti is going to stop gathering any
further measurements.

After you've had a play for a bit, feedback to this thread is
welcome, or to me personally if you'd rather.

¹ https://tools.bitfolk.com/cacti/