[bitfolk] Linux support recommendations

Author: Alastair Sherringham
To: BitFolk Users
Subject: [bitfolk] Linux support recommendations
Hello Folks,

I hope this question is OK to ask here. Before doing some research and digging elsewhere, I thought I might tap thoughts here.

I currently work for a small software company based in Poplar, London (Poplar Business Park) but will be leaving in a month for new pastures. We only have a few software engineers and support people now - about 5. With me leaving, there is no Linux experience left in the company and there are a few servers and services that may need watcing and support. So, considering options, I am thinking of seeing if an external third-party could do the occasional Linux server support, on call, email support, visit if required etc. I don't think the workload will require any full-time position.

Does anyone here have any recommendations on a Linux Support service - company or person? If so, feel free to contact me off-list if preferred.

This is a small office, with small requirements and no rocket science is used..

Servers : ~3 Debian 9 VM's and 1 Debian 9 file server (HP micro,RAID5).
Services : main server is Apache/Mysql/Mercurial repo/ Samba SMB. Others for intranet DNS (dnsmasq), Samba workgroup.

I can share more details later obviously. Most of the stuff just needs to stay available as-is, so we need to cope with a VM or host crash, RAID failure etc.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Alastair Sherringham
http://www.sherringham.net