Re: [bitfolk] Stretch after Buster becomes "stable"

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Stretch after Buster becomes "stable"

gpg: Signature made Sat Jul 6 18:36:02 2019 UTC
Hi Mike,

On Sat, Jul 06, 2019 at 07:39:39AM +0100, Mike Zanker wrote:
> I’m already running a couple of fresh installs of Buster outside
> of Bitfolk, but I’d like to keep my VPS running Stretch for the
> time being. Do I need to make any changes to sources.list to carry
> on receiving security updates?

No. Debian LTS updates continue to go into stretch-updates.

Obviously as each package maintainer is not expected to maintain
their package for oldstable and older and the LTS team has limited
resources, I cannot say that it is safe or advisable to rely on LTS
forever, but LTS can continue to be used until the release is
archived.

After stretch is archived the packages would only be found on
archive.debian.org (which you can also get through BitFolk's
apt-cacher).