Re: [bitfolk] Scans attempting to exploit CVE-2019-10149 hav…

Author: John Winters
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Scans attempting to exploit CVE-2019-10149 have been in the wild for some days
On 23/06/2019 11:52, phil@??? wrote:
[snip]
> Another lesson I may take away from this is to keep my logs for longer - like others, mine only go back to the 14th. I might set up logrotate to email them to me in addition to rotate+compress, so I have longer offline storage. At the moment, I just have nothing to help me determine when the VPS was compromised. :-(

Do your backups not go further? With a combination of log rotation and
dirvish backups I can potentially retrieve any log file for at least
three months - some back to when the machine was first installed.

John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.