Re: [bitfolk] I've broken my Debian Jessie package update / …

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] I've broken my Debian Jessie package update / upgrade system

gpg: Signature made Mon Apr 29 13:19:38 2019 UTC
Hello,

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 02:12:15PM +0100, Gavin Westwood wrote:
> Okay, I think the issue may be that you have backports enabled currently.

I wondered about that but none of the packages it's trying to
install have a "bpo" in their version number, so they're not from
backports.

> Also I suggest that you add the following entries as a file (e.g.
> 'debian-security.list') in sources.list.d (I've left off 'non-free' from
> the end, as you don't have that specified in your sources.list):

Ah, yes, I see Richard has commented out the jessie/updates line.
Richard, you need that line in order to get the security updates.
This is probably why you aren't being offered version 215-17+deb8u13
of systemd, etc.

Your line looked correct except for being commented out. Don't
forget to "apt update" after uncommenting.