Re: [bitfolk] VPS failover techniques

Author: admins
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] VPS failover techniques
Without some additional information it is nearly impossible to comment
on your request.

Fail over is invariably highly application specific.

To make load ballancing (active active) or actual fail over (primary and
backup) function at a network level you need far more support from the
hosting provider and their networking infrastructure, than a standard
VPS deal, but it is doable.

Check out Linux HA for tools, strategy's and STONITH.

http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other than that it is all down to your application.

Cheers

kirbs