[bitfolk] Bitfolk apt-cacher

Author: Paul Tansom
To: users
New-Topics: Re: [bitfolk] Bitfolk apt-cacher "403 Forbidden file type or location"
Subject: [bitfolk] Bitfolk apt-cacher
I have in the back of my mind that there's an email thread that may be
related to this, but I can't find it in my mail archives unfortunately -
it may even not be this list. Anyway...

I've just been looking to do a do-release-upgrade from Ubuntu 16.04 to
18.04 and come across a raft of error messages along the lines of:

Err http://apt-cacher.lon.bitfolk.com/ubuntu/gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/main Sources
403 Forbidden file type or location: /ubuntu/gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/bionic/main/source/by-hash/SHA256/0e05b8e93cbdfe5d41306e9d34c893fa23f3087a58c637b882cb0f133375a133 [IP: 2001:ba8:1f1:f079::2 80]

My Google-fu is failing me at the moment as nothing I'm finding is quite
matching up, so I thought I'd see if the collective knowledgebase of
fellow Bitfolk folks had come across this.

One way around, I guess, would be to bypass the Bitfolk cache, but that
doesn't seem to make sense, particularly in the long run if the change
ends up needing to be permanent. Is there a change I can make locally,
or is it down to the Bitfolk cache itself, possibly waiting for a file
to be re-cached? I'm guessing it is likely related to recent updates to
apt.

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | https://www.aptanet.com/ | 023 9238 0001
Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch | http://www.fsb.org.uk/