Re: [bitfolk] NFTables

Author: Keith Williams
To: BitFolk Users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] NFTables
The iptables to nftables converter programs are an interesting case in
point. They merely change the syntax in existing rules, no combining ipv4
and ipv6 for example - so there is duplication there within a lot of the
ruleset and the very real dangers in maintenance of missing some edits.
Some rules cannot be directly translated programmatically. I came across an
interesting article by a guy converting. He used the software and then had
to spend as long reediting to make it work as he would have done starting
from scratch. And still ended up with separate tables for ipv4 and ipv6.
As I said I am merely offering a different viewpoint and approach that
might help someone