[bitfolk] Security update to Debian kernel

Αρχική Σελίδα

Συντάκτης: Andy Smith
Ημερομηνία:
Αντικείμενο: [bitfolk] Security update to Debian kernel
stinfo/users>,
    <mailto:users-request@lists.bitfolk.com?subject=subscribe>

--IPDFAagvJKOirP/Y

Hi,

I was hoping to provide a centralised clamav service -- something
that has been repeatedly asked for -- but I've hit a bit of a road
block.

I can't be having clamav on just one host, and most clamav clients
don't support multiple IPs to round robin, so I'd like to load
balance it.

The problem is that clamav appears to expect the clients to send the
file data by a separate TCP stream, the port for which it tells the
client in response to a command the client gives. This is similar
to FTP.

It means I can't see a way to know which ports to open in the
firewall, and worse still, the daemon only responds with a port not
an IP, which is no good in a load balanced scenario since all the
clients are talking to the load balancer.

The only thing I can think of is configuring each clamav box to use
a different port range and mapping all those ports on the load
balancer to the correct boxes. That's really horrible. Anyone got
any better ideas?

--=20
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

--IPDFAagvJKOirP/Y

--IPDFAagvJKOirP/Y--