Re: [bitfolk] Manually added dedicated IP after initial inst…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Manually added dedicated IP after initial install, no ping/network access

gpg: Signature made Sun May 1 16:58:38 2022 UTC
gpg: using DSA key 0E4236CB52951E14536066222099B64CBF15490B
Hi,

This was stuck in moderation for about 26 hours because when you
first sent it you were not a member of the mailing list, and we
don't check the moderation queue very often.

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 09:58:04AM -0500, Daniel Bendorf wrote:
> I have two VPS on bitfolk. The first one I didn't know I needed a
> dedicated IP address, so had to order it and patched it in by editing
> /etc/netplan/*.yaml as shown on
> https://tools.bitfolk.com/wiki/Ubuntu#The_switch_to_netplan_for_configuring_networking

Now that I've seen all of the details of what you've done, I can see
that you did everything correctly. I double checked our side and
noticed that I had made a typo when adding routing for your extra IP
address.

I can ping your extra IP address now, so that was the problem.

I'm sorry about that. I appreciate that it has made your service
unusable for its intended purpose for about a week, so I will add
two weeks of free service by pushing your renewal date back by 14
days.