Re: [bitfolk] Debian 11 (bullseye) now supportedfor self-i…

Author: Andy Bennett
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Debian 11 (bullseye) now supportedfor self-install and new orders
Hi,

> This is mentioned in the release notes:
>

> https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/mips64el/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#ssh-not-available
>
> I'm not sure what the proper procedure would be to upgrade
> openssh-server first. I guess download the .deb file manually and
> install it before doing the "apt upgrade"?

Has anyone tried doing an `apt-get update` to the new release and then
`apt-get intall openssh-server`?

That's what I was expecting to have to do but if it forces a libc upgrade
as well then perhaps that makes it difficult to restart any other binaries
on the machine whilst the upgrade is in progress?

> If this is the relevant bug:
>
>     https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=990069

> then it seems like ssh must be restarted after a new libc is
> installed, so I don't see how upgrading ssh first avoids that, but
> maybe I misunderstand. The fix at the end of that bug is to glibc
> making it aware that it has to restart ssh:
>
>    * debian/script.in/nsscheck.sh: restart openssh-server even if it
>      has been deconfigured during the upgrade.  Closes: #990069.

Best wishes,
@ndy

--
andyjpb@???