Re: [bitfolk] Debian mirrors and the apt-cacher (Was Re: 21 …

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Debian mirrors and the apt-cacher (Was Re: 21 critical Exim security issues need addressing)

gpg: Signature made Mon May 10 06:23:57 2021 UTC
gpg: using DSA key 0E4236CB52951E14536066222099B64CBF15490B
Hi Adam,

On Sun, May 09, 2021 at 05:44:10PM +0100, Adam Spiers wrote:
> On Sat, May 08, 2021 at 09:04:19PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > Just make the changes to the BitFolk wiki articles that you think make
> > things clearer. If you make mistakes then I or someone else will correct
> > them hopefully without destroying the intent of what you added.

[…]

> Right ;-) Please make any corrections necessary.

Thanks! I didn't really see the need to change anything that you
added.

> There is one remaining question. backports.debian.org is listed as one of
> the available mirrors, but I still have no idea how one would go about using
> that, or even whether it still makes sense to do so, rather than just using
>
>     deb http://apt-cacher.lon.bitfolk.com/debian/ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ buster-backports main

I've deleted it as you're right that it's just confusing now. Its
inclusion dates from a time when backports was on a separate mirror,
not on Debian's main mirrors. That was the case when the article was
first written and then later on Debian made its backports archives
more official by putting them on their main mirrors.