Re: [bitfolk] Major maintenance scheduled for 2021-04-20 (1 …

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Major maintenance scheduled for 2021-04-20 (1 server) and 2021-04-27 (another 6 servers)

gpg: Signature made Sat Apr 10 17:16:57 2021 UTC
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 12:34:50PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> We need to relocate some servers to a different rack within
> Telehouse.

When initially discussing this plan there was some slight concern
from a few people that we hadn't tested installing the new 10GE NIC
cards and that we were planning to test that on a single live server
on 20 April.

I didn't want to make any promises as I wasn't sure we would be able
to do it, but we did manage to empty a server of customers as part
of the ongoing rolling update, and today we tested installing these
in it:

    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/95260/intel-ethernet-network-adapter-xxv710-da2.html

It seems to have gone without incident in that the server booted
unattended without issue, the new network interfaces show up
without us having to do anything and the existing 1GE interfaces
have not been renamed.

We will still stick to the advertised schedule of works for 20 and
27 April.

A reminder of the plan:

    https://tools.bitfolk.com/wiki/Maintenance/2021-04-Re-racking