[bitfolk] Some support tickets mistakenly opened - ticket co…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: [bitfolk] Some support tickets mistakenly opened - ticket content is still correct

gpg: Signature made Fri Apr 2 05:00:10 2021 UTC
Hi,

This doesn't overly matter hence why I'm just sending it to users@
and not announce@, but at around 03:12 BST (02:12Z) I mistakenly
opened support tickets with all customers hosted on "snaps"
regarding moving their service to a different server.

Although that move *does* have to happen at some point, we can't do
it until after the maintenance on 27 April is completed because
"snaps" isn't actually involved in that maintenance. If we went
ahead with doing what the ticket says, we'd be moving customers away
from a server that won't be affected onto one that will, which is
something we said we wouldn't do.

It was just a confusion on my part, forgetting that "snaps" wasn't
involved.

The reason why it doesn't really matter is that everything mentioned
in the tickets I'm talking about is still correct, it's just that it
gives you the impression that if you do nothing then the work might
happen as soon as a week from now. In reality it won't happen until
some time after 27 April.

I only mention this so that you don't wonder why you got the support
ticket and then nothing happened for weeks.

When I realised my mistake I then opened tickets with everyone on
the *correct* server ("leffe"). That happened at about 05:42 BST
(04:42Z).

I'm sorry about this confusion. If anything is not clear please say
so.