Re: [bitfolk] Upcoming maintenance work / how to handle noti…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Upcoming maintenance work / how to handle notifications

gpg: Signature made Fri Mar 19 13:12:14 2021 UTC
Hi Nigel,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 10:28:38AM +0000, Nigel Rantor via users wrote:
> Nothing I run will worry about a half hour of downtime but I would want to
> know exactly when it is so I can plan.

The best we can do is give a time window for the work, which will be
split in two. The first time will be 1 server, two hour window.
Assuming that goes to plan then the second one will be a week later,
the remaining 6 servers, four hour window.

I hope that is enough accuracy. Obviously the first one being just
one server is likely going to be at the very start of the window.
The second one being six servers is just going to have to proceed as
best it can on the night.

> rolling upgrades may move it between physical kit at some point
> before then.

Aside from wanting to know whether you are on the 1 server that will
be done first or the 6 that will happen a week later, if you're on
one of those seven servers you'll know the maintenance window very
shortly when I send the announcement out.