Re: [bitfolk] Ubuntu EOL dates - which to quote in general …

Author: Ed Neville
To: Philip Storry
CC: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Ubuntu EOL dates - which to quote in general documentation?
On 2021-01-31 10:10+0000, Philip Storry wrote:
> It doesn't change my reasoning much though - "best effort" means that
> effort is more likely to boil down to "upgrade to the newest LTS"
> rather than backporting a patch. Best practice should be to be on a
> supported LTS.

This depends a lot on popularity of the package affected I believe. If
there's only three or four installs recorded in popcon then I doubt
there will be much effort to backport. I suspect. This is also largely
going to be based upon what the upstream author has done, did they
branch at the point that the distro absorbed? If not, backporting a
patch will be much harder.

Ed